Our local guide will pick you up from your place of accommodation. From there you will use a car and drive 68kms far northwest from the main capital of Castro, towards the wilderness. We will discover, see, taste and experience a nice piece of goodness from our Ñuke Mapu (earth mother): “El curanto”, an ancestral dish that has been an important social part of the daily living Chilote ́s culture & cuisine. Then we will get us a lift into the forest with a little train which runs on a Wooden Railway, a handmade invention by Mr Fernando Mansilla of Los Senderos de Chepu, recycling reusing pieces from old stuff and bush resources. Following by a 1.5 -2 hours of interpretive bush walk among millenaries Ulmos, Canelos, Lumas, ferns, lichens & mosses,that are just some of the unique native rain forest species to see. If we are lucky we will be able also to spot some native birds as Chucao (Scelorchilus rubecula) or Magellanic Wood pecker (Campephilus magellanicus) while we walk through the forest. Then we wil paddle the Chepu rivers for 2-3 hours aproximately to relax and enjoy the wilderness from a different angle, seeking for some wildlife around, species like; Ringed king fisher (Megaceryle torquata) Huillin (Lontra provocax) and Coipo (myocastor coypus) can be found here. After the kayaking activity, we will have the “tea time” before we hit back the road. To finish this exciting experience, our guide will take you back safely to your place of accommodation.
- Modality: By car and boat.
- Duration: The tour lasts about 10.5 -11 hours.
- When does it start? The tour starts at 9am. The tour will finish at 20:00 hrs. Approximately.
- Price: _???_ CLP per person.
- Includes: Private transport, pick up and drop off in your hotel, Driver, Bilingual and local private guide, Lunch (local meals), kayaking, and bushwalking, bird watching, tea and photography service.
- What to bring? Outdoor gear, (trekking shoes, wind shell and rainproof jacket) water bottle, Sun Block, a hat and swimming gear.
* The minimum of passengers for this tour is 2.
* All our services in City Trekking Guide are completely private. Therefore, we are able to adapt ourselves to all your needs during your tour experience.
* Chile is considered one of the safest countries on the continent. Nevertheless, basic precautions for visiting a foreign country , like anywhere else in the world, should be taken into consideration. Therefore, we recommend you make sure you are not wearing any valuables such as expensive big watches, chains, bracelets, etc. during our tour. City Trekking Guide cannot be held responsible for any losses.