Cerros el Plomo y Leonera – 5 días
Climb to the highest peak that can be seen from Santiago
Out of our 4 high mountain expeditions, this one is this best one to start off with if you’ve never trekked into high summits. The climb will test and improve your strength and will slowly acclimatize you to the altitude, but it is an achievable climb to everyone who has a good level of fitness.
We use local mules to aid us in our climb to Leonora before tackling the more challenging El Plomo Mountain. We will spend some time at 2 different base camps where you’ll get used to the altitude, share meals with fellow hikers and enjoy being out in the wild. The views are spectacular: you’ll be able to see central Andes, Aconcagua, Junkal, Tupungato, and Marmoleio.
If you enjoy long all-day hikes and are looking for the next challenge, this could be the expedition for you.
Day 1: Santiago to Piedra Numerada (base camp 1)
Day 2: Piedra Numerada to Federación (base camp 2)
Day 3: Federación, climb Leonora and then trek back to Federación
Day 4: Federación, climb El Plomo and then trek back to Federación
Day 5: Federación to Santiago
Transport and Times:
- We drive a secure 4×4
- Pick up from hotel/airport: Flexible
- Drop off to hotel/airport: Flexible
- We use mules to help us carry our mountain gear
Costs: From 350.000 CLP (min. 2 Climbers)
Included in the Price:
- All equipment
- All food and water
- Fully qualified guides who have also trained in first aid
- Small groups, max 9
- We trek to an altitude of 5430m
- The trip lasts 5 days
- Please bring your personal professional equipment
- Please let us know in advance of any dietary requirements
- Our guides can speak English, Spanish, and German
- Please let us know in advance if you have any medical conditions so that we can be fully prepared for the trip
* All our services in City Trekking Guide are completely private. Therefore, we are able to adapt to all your needs during your tour experience.
* Chile is considered one of the safest countries on the continent. Nevertheless, basic precautions for visiting a foreign country, like anywhere else in the world, should be taken into consideration. Therefore, we recommend you make sure you are not wearing any valuables such as expensive big watches, chains, bracelets, etc. during our tour. City Trekking Guide cannot be held responsible for any losses.
*Tour developed together with our partners Flecha Extrema.