Valparaíso – Half Day Tour
Half Day City Tour Valparaíso (starting in Valparaíso)
Our guide will pick you up from the place where you are staying in Valparaíso or in the only bus terminal of Valparaíso. From there, you will start your tour throughout this historic and unique city of Valparaíso that has been declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2003. The tours begins in the Sotomayor square, from there you will walk; use the funicular or gondolas and public transportation to travel the hills of the city including the route of the Europeans immigrants who had a significant cultural and architectural influence in this unique port town during the XIX century. During this tour, you will get to know the main square of the city, Barrio Puerto and Cordillera, Alegre and Concepcion Hills, an art gallery, traditional bars and stores of Valparaíso. After having surprised you with the stories of your local guide and have seen the colorful art of Valparaiso on its stairs, walls and buildings, you will understand why this city is so famous and has been integrated into the world circuit of street art. Finally, to finish this great day living as a “Porteño,” our guide will take you back safely to your place of accommodation.
- Modality: By car and by foot.
- Duration: The tour lasts about 4 -5.5 hours.
- When starts? You can choose to start at 9:30am, 10:00m, 10:30am, 11:00am. Just let us know the best time for you.
- Price: The cost is 50.000 CLP per person including lunch, and without lunch 40.000 CLP.
- Includes: Public Transport (trolley, elevators or gondolas, buses), Pick up and drop off at hotel located in Valparaíso or bus terminal, Walking Tour of 4 hours in Valparaíso, Private Guide, Full Lunch and photography service
- What to bring? Sun block, a hat, a jacket and comfortable pair of shoes.
- Not included: Bus tickets.
How to get to Valparaíso from Santiago? The easiest way is to take the line 1 of the Subway (red line) and get until the station “Universidad de Santiago”. Once you get there, you must get off and go straight to the Bus station. (You do not need to go out from the station, there is a direct entrance from the subway to the bus station). Once there you can buy a ticket from Turbus or Pullman Bus. The round trip should cost around 8.000 – 12.000 CLP per person. We recommend to buy one way and then when you want to come back to Santiago buy the next ticket.
* This tour does not include entrance to the museums. In case you want to enter you must ask by email before the tour.
*The minimum of passengers for this tour is 2.
* Trolley or Funicular service does not operate on Sundays or holidays.
* All our services in City Trekking Guide are completely private. Therefore, we are able to adapt ourselves to all your needs during your tour experience.
* Valparaíso is considered a safe city. Nevertheless, basic precautions for visiting a big city like anywhere else in the world, should be taken into consideration. Therefore, we recommend you make sure you are not wearing any valuables such as expensive big watches, chains, bracelets, etc. during our tour. City Trekking Guide cannot be held responsible for any losses.