Our local guide will pick you up at your place of accommodation. Departure from Coyhaique at 07:00 am. The experience begins when we start traveling along the Carretera Austral to the town of Puerto Tranquilo, which is located 220 km away.
On this tour, you will see beautiful forests of lenga, ciruelillo, coigüe, and ñire. We will visit landmarks on the road such as Laguna Chiguay, the Ibáñez pass with the highest height of the entire Carretera Austral, 1,000 masl approx. Once approaching the valley of the River Ibáñez we can appreciate the magnitude of the imposing Cerro Castillo, passing through the slope of it and visiting the town of the same name. (During all this journey, we will be crossing the Cerro National Park Castle). Continuing the journey, through the Murta River Valley, until we find ourselves head-on with the immensity from Lake General Carrera. (Largest lake in Chile and second in Latin America) various stops on the trip for photographs.
Upon arrival in Puerto Tranquilo we will move to the shore of Lake General Carrera to do navigation to the Nature Sanctuary “Capillas de Mármol”, a place of singular beauty scenic, where the lake’s swell has eroded and polished the limestone, forming caves of great attraction. Then, you will enjoy a typical and homemade lunch (always based on meats, also there are vegetarian options). After your exciting experience, you will return to the city of Coyhaique with stops en route to see different spots and also be able to buy local souvenirs in case you want.
You should be arriving at Coyhaique at 20:30 hrs. Approximately
- Modality: By foot and private transportation.
- What time? Start from Coyhaique at 07:00 am. We pick you up at your place of accommodation within the urban Radio of Coyhaique.
- Duration: 12 – 13 hours
- 55.000 CLP per person (8pax)
- 65.000 CLP per person (7 pax)
- 70.000 CLP per person (6 pax)
- 100.000 CLP per person (5 pax)
- 110.000 CLP per person (4 pax)
- 120.000 CLP per person (3 pax)
- 170.000 CLP per person (2 pax)
- 400.000 CLP (sole traveler) In this case the tour will be completely private.
* In case you are a solo traveler if there are spaces available and a minimum of 6 passengers, you can join a group and pay only 65.000 CLP.
- Persons: 1 – 8 pax.
- What to bring? Sunblock, hat, jacket (during winter), and comfortable pair of shoes, water, snacks if you want.
- Private Transportation from Coyahique – Puerto Tranquilo. ( 4 hours drive).
- Stop in 3 different places throughout the path to admire nature and take pictures of the Cerro Castillo viewpoint, entrance to General Carrera Lake, and Bajada Ibañez Viewpoint.
- Visit the town of Cerro Castillo.
- Sailing in the General Carrera Lake and visit the Marble Chapels known as “Cavernas de Marmol”
Lunch at Puerto Tranquilo ( it does not include alcoholic drinks, there are vegan options)
* All our services in City Trekking Guide are completely private. Therefore, we can adapt to all your needs during your tour experience.
* This tour does not include entrance to the museums. In case you want to enter you must asked by email before the tour.
* If you wish to include any other sights/attractions/etc., or take out any of our proposed ones, please feel free to let us know and we can make you another offer!